Vanguard IS Resources
Vanguard IS provides a blended method of resources to assist in being a successful inspector. Whether you are a brand new inspector or an experienced veteran in the disaster housing inspection industry, Vanguard IS will provide ongoing resources and support to keep you ready for deployment.
Vanguard IS University – Learning Management System
Vanguard IS University
is where the journey begins. All inspectors are encouraged to complete resource modules prior to deployment. We recommend that you complete all of our available courses as soon as possible in order to be ready when you are called for deployment.
The ultimate goal of Vanguard Housing Inspection Services is to provide quality disaster housing inspections to FEMA. In order to meet this goal, Vanguard IS has developed an extensive library of modules to guide inspectors on their journey.
Below is a list of courses in Vanguard IS University that offer assistance in better understanding information shared prior to attending an in person training session or being deployed. Please see suggested modules to complete before the events mentioned. These modules can also be found on the University home page under “Suggested Training”.
ACE4 Mock Inspection:
- Inspector Payment and Invoicing
- ACE4 The Tablet
- ACE4 Application Part 1
- ACE4 Application Part 2
- Business Code of Ethics
- Privacy Notice
- Inspector NDA
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Training Requirements
- VEM Travel Policy
- Required Paper Forms
- Acceptable Damage Description Acknowledgement
- Acceptable Damage Description Acknowledgement FORM
- Introduction to Vanguard Housing Inspection Services (Vanguard IS)
- ACE4 Inspector Training Video Part 1
- ACE4 Inspector Training Video Part 2
- ACE4 Inspector Training Video Part 3
- ACE4 Inspector Training Video Part 4
ACE4 Intermediate Inspector and Deployment:
- All ACE4 Mock Inspection Requirements
- Typical Flood Damages
- General Conduct and Ethics
- Customer Service
- PII and Privacy Awareness
- Vanguard IS Safety Orientation
- Habitability Repairs Required Determination
- Habits of a Successful Inspector
- Interacting with the Applicant
Vanguard IS University – Classroom Training
Vanguard IS offers classroom training for all inspectors. ACE4 Mock Inspection Training is an introductory 8-hour, hands-on training class that provides inspection basics and interactive simulated inspections. Our experienced training team will provide assistance on entering disaster damages in ACE4 while viewing rooms in the Vanguard IS 3D disaster tents. Inspectors can register for a class scheduled near them in the Inspector Portal.
Intermediate Inspector training classes are also conducted for experienced and qualified inspectors. It is requested that all attendees have previously attended the ACE4 Mock Inspection class.
Classroom training schedule and registration is located in the Inspector Portal under the Training tab. Click on Training Sessions to view and register for upcoming classes. We encourage inspectors to attend classroom training at least once a year when not deployed. Allowable reimbursable expenses for travelling to classroom training are covered in the BIS Travel Policy.
Maximum allowable travel expenses for training are:
- 1 hotel night at the GSA rate
- Per diem per Vanguard’s Travel Policy & GSA rules
- Mileage up to 150 miles each way.
- All exceptions must be approved in writing by Vanguard IS Training prior to attending the class
- Associated parking & toll fees (Valet parking is NOT reimbursable)